Sunday, October 15, 2006

Don is Interviewed by Oman Poet and Writer Nasra Al Adawi

Recently I had the distinct honor of being interviewed by Nasra Al Adawi, a well-known poet, writer, and humanitarian advocate from Oman. I am deeply touched by this honor and privilege. With all my heart, I thank Nasra for taking an interest in me and my poetry.

You can read the interview here: Living in Poetry. In addition, please visit Nasra's wonderful poetry blog, A Window Within Myself. There you can read some of her beautiful poetry and learn more about her published collections of poetry.

Born in Zanzibar and brought up in the United Arab Emirates, Nasra (her pen name) began writing in her teens in Arabic and then slowly turned her attention to English poetry.

Nasra is a blessing to all of us. She is truly a shining star and loving heart. Read about Nasra here, her poetry, and her efforts on behalf of cancer survivors. You will never be the same once Nasra touches you.

My deepest thanks to you, Nasra.

8 comments:

iamnasra said...

Dear Don,
In every of single day of living you learn and I too did learn from you. I love what you said "We are "here" to help others. We help ourselves by helping others. We teach what we ourselves need to learn in life. Life is really very simple once we learn to get beyond ourselves." If all of us take each others hand in kindness and helping one another despite who we are, our world will be a better place

Your poetry, and your view in life is a fountain that all of us are learning from, through the interview it is not about what I gave, believe me I too discovered a new ray in life...Let us continue to help who are around us...or at least paying forward in kindness

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Nasra...thank you again ever so much. It is about learning and it is never too late to learn. All the best to you.

Liz the Great said...

Wow. Absolutely wonderful. sorry for being out of touch lately; just too focused on work and have missed visiting here. Thank you for introducing Nasra to us as well!

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Thanks Liz. Check out Nasra's blog. Terrific poetry there.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Wonderful! I read it and loved it! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Nassra,

Nice compliments fron Mr. Don, wish you all the best in your writting and take care.

Jamil

dumbdodi said...

Hey Don my friend

Just got to read the awesome interview today, so late

Excellent interview and the interview just showed so much more of you.

Thank you for being you

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Thanks Andrew, Jamil, and Dumbdodi.

Friends' Blogs