Monday, May 08, 2006

No Me Without All Else
By Don Iannone
Photo Credit: Snibbe
(Click on image to see it)

Sometimes I like to think
that I exist
independent of other things.
Sometimes I want to believe
there is a permanent me
that always is.
Sometimes I am amazed
at how the world constantly changes
and makes me abandon
my fixed view of who I am.
Sometimes I get so caught up
in my own world of thought
that I forget
there is nothing to remember, and
that I am nothing
in the absence of all else.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Oh yes!

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Thought you might like this one, Dan.

Bob said...

Good reminder! How easy it is to forget that we are part of the larger scheme.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Rob,

That's kind of how this blog gots started...it was a way to consciously remind myself of what was important. Thanks.

Don

Friends' Blogs