Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mystical Possibilities
By Don Iannone

Time within
...time without.
Calling me in

...calling me out.
Mystically real

...whether here or there.
Hear his song--
St. John of the Cross.

Light-filled canticles
...bred among snapdragons
...under an azure Spanish sky.
Hands filled with sunlight
...mixed with sanguine possibilities.
Reaching out--

not just to me
...but to all.
Like butterflies
...dancing on tiptoes
...lighter than air.


Slipping away
...like truth parsed by words.
We carry the Holy candle
...in our heart
...but a short distance.
Her flame flickers on
...as another bears her load.
Fret not time is short.
We are one--
those before, and
those who follow.
Time within
...time without.
Calling me in
...calling me out.

2 comments:

Bob said...

"butterflies dancing on tiptoes
lighter than air."

I like this very much.The poem could be set to music quite easily.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Thanks Rob. So, set it to music!

Friends' Blogs