Monday, May 15, 2006

Memories of Puerto Penasco
By Don Iannone

Flashback.
1970.
Puerto Penasco, Mexico.
Early summer morning.
A soft orange sun
climbs slowly
a morphing blue sky.
The gentle lulling breeze sucks me
into the warm salty water.
All that separates seeps away
like the sand between my toes,
leaving me naked
of all pretense.
There is no resistance left
in any part of me
or anything else.
Floating
on a cloud,
the water carries me far away
to a place needing no name.
There I rest
at the break of dawn,
overflowing with life.

2 comments:

Jim said...

The feeling here is Warm and gently Billowing Waters, Wet and smooth and soft. Makes me long for some memories of my own, Don, thanks.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Jim,

Your memories are there...to be re-created at the blink of an eye. I wish you fond healing ones.

Friends' Blogs