Sunday, March 14, 2004

Find Your Own Poetry Inside

Poetry reminds me of the sacred geometry of life. This geometry of Oneness challenges us to trust both what we can and cannot see with our eyes. For what the eyes cannot see, the heart knows intimately. The heart always knows. To know what the heart knows, we simply need to allow our heart to speak with us.

Poetry is a special language of the soul. The words of poetry build tiny spidering bridges to the mystical wonders that exist in our heart. Every word in a poem is significant. Each is a step. Each word is a bridge to the next. When is a poem complete? Well, when it has done the best it can in conveying what lies in our heart. A poem is complete when it is One with our heart.

For most of my life, I failed to see the value of poetry. The turning point for me was in the early 1990's when my own personal spiritual journey took me to some places that I could only describe in poems. I find myself there once again today as poetry helps me to understand the sacred geometry of my own heart. So, let there be poetry!

No comments:

Friends' Blogs