Friday, August 15, 2003

Summer's Stay

There are many who say
They could live forever
In summer's heated play,
In the dreams lived by day.

Short nights, long days sway
The vision of light.
We trust in Ever
We have fullest sight.

The costumes are Eden
No sweaters or coats to coat
Soft skins exposed, no moat
To my castle of hope.

We tasted beach air
We bathed in the fair
Drops of true ponder.
We sated salt hunger.

Too hot to think
The hour is a tee
That waits a golf ball
That will never leave.

Time has slowed me down.
I am a live flower.
My summer is brief
In cut flower reefs.

In a seeing tower
Dolls don't have power.
Toys are for pleasure
Tongues are for measure.

The hour I treasure
Has hand-woven clouds
To feather my pillow
To fly from my doubts.

For it is in Summer
That faith meets a drummer
To wean souls from mothers
With heartbeats and signs

The design is brilliant,
Clear and resilient
It's in the green green eyes,
Green veggies to fry.

Its in the scent of lime,
The Aquamarine ring,
Its the promise of things
That can't outlast their rhyme.

In Summer's stay,
We, foreign strangers
We visit and dine
Life's kind and divine.

Summer dwells on islands,
in sands, coconut fare.
We became I, one brand:
"Love", God's true name for care.

Source: Lana Deym Campbell

No comments:

Friends' Blogs