Tuesday, August 05, 2003

The medicine wheel...

"In many ways this circle, the Medicine Wheel, can best be understood if you think of it as a mirror in which everything is reflected. The Universe is the mirror of the people, the old teachers tell us, and each person is a mirror to every other person. Any ideal, person, or object, can be a Medicine Wheel, a mirror for Man. The tiniest flower can be such a mirror, as can a wolf, a story, a touch, a religion, or a mountaintop."

Source: Hyemeyohsts Storm, Seven Arrows, 1972.

This hit me with such great force as I read this quote in a new book given to me by my wonderful friend, Derk Janssen, from Prescott, Arizona.

It tells me that my calling is really that of being the medicine wheel builder in the world that God saw fit to place me. Actually, each of us is a medicine wheel builder in whatever we do in life. All we ever have to do is mirror the truth that lies within us.

No comments:

Friends' Blogs