Saturday, August 16, 2003

Friends

Where would we be in life without our friends? I give thanks for my friends.

It gives me such joy to know there is a friend there when I need one. I went through a period in my life when I was uncomfortable asking for help from my friends. Then a couple years ago, I realized that is what friendship is really all about. Give and take is important to growing friendships. They really don't work as one-way streets where one party does all the giving or all the taking. Balance is important to healthy friendships.

Finally, having different types of friends is important. It's nice to have friends who are like you, and friends who are different than you are. We can learn from both.

Set aside a day in the near future to celebrate your friends. You'll find it incredibly enriching.

No comments:

Friends' Blogs