Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Wednesday Thought: Moved By Flowers

My wife Mary loves her garden, and she
has made me quite a fan of flowers as
well. Mary's garden is exploding in
excitement at this very moment.

Flowers are not just pretty, they are
incredibly power in terms of their grace,
elegance, intricate design, and yes, their
beauty.

Here are some wonderful quotes about flowers
that I uncovered:

"The dandelion's pallid tube Astonishes the
grass, And winter instantly becomes An infinite
alas." --Emily Dickinson

"Flowers are the sweetest things that God ever
made, and forgot to put a soul into."
--Henry Ward Beecher

"Each flower is a soul opening out to nature."
--Gerard de Nerval

"There is material enough in a single flower
for the ornament of a score of cathedrals.
--John Ruskin

Ok, the last one isn't about flowers, but it is
one of my favorites:

"I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely
as a tree." --Joyce Kilmer

No comments:

Friends' Blogs