Sunday, June 27, 2004

Sunday Thought: Family

Mary and I just returned from an 80th
Birthday Party for my Aunt Mildred, who
lives in Columbus, Ohio. The visit reminded
me of the supreme importance of family and
being connected to your family.

The visit also brought to mind that both
joy and sorrow are co-existing realities
for my family and all others.

Here are a few good quotes about family,
which mean a lot to me, and maybe they
will be valuable to you:

"A man travels the world over in search
of what he needs, and returns home to find
it." --George Moore

"Nothing is so soothing to our self-esteem
as to find our bad traits in our forebears.
It seems to absolve us." --Van Wyck Brooks

"Nobody's family can hang out the sign,
Nothing the matter here." --Chinese proverb

No comments:

Friends' Blogs