Sunday, June 06, 2004

Sunday Thought: Risk Following Your Heart

The older I get, the more I realize the
importance of following my heart. And
yes, I often ask my head for input on
whether my heart has laid out the right
coordinates for me. Usually my heart is
right. The key is to know your heart, and
like most things, that takes some practice.

Your heart will keep you young. It keeps
you in touch with what's most important to
your life. It also prompts us to grow and
do new things that add value to our person.

This quote has always felt right to me:

"Twenty years from now you will be more
disappointed by the things you didn't do
than by the ones you did do. So throw off
the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." --Mark Twain

No comments:

Friends' Blogs