Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Tuesday Thought: Acts of Desperation

I don't purport to understand the motivations
of others. At best, I can try to know my own
motivations in life. The better I know myself,
the more my understanding of others grows.

This past Saturday someone gained unauthorized
access to my Blogger account and deleted Conscious
Living. Fortunately, Blogger maintains back up files
and the site could be restored. For that I am very
grateful. Blogger is looking at their log records
to see if it is possible to determine who did this.

I have thought about this situation over the past
couple days. I am disappointed that such a thing
would happen, but more importantly I have concluded
that this was a act by a desperate person. Someone
who may be actually reaching out for help.

In the spirit of what Conscious Living is all
about, I offer compassion in exchange for another's
desperation. Those so desperate demand our compassion,
and not more desperation.

No comments:

Friends' Blogs