Friday, May 21, 2004

---------------------------------------------------

Friday Thought: Happiness

Like a whispy cloud, happiness seems to evade
us the more we chase it. As I watch a beautiful
sunrise take shape over the Atlantic Ocean,
happiness fills me. Not because of the sunrise,
but because I have reminded myself that
happiness is my natural state of being.

I am reminded of two wonderful quotes about
happiness:

"I must accept life unconditionally. Most
people ask for happiness on condition.
Happiness can only be felt if you don't set
any condition."

--Margaret Lee Runbeck

"Most true happiness comes from one's inner
life, from the disposition of the mind and
soul. Admittedly, a good inner life is
difficult to achieve, especially in these
trying times. It takes reflection and
contemplation and self-discipline."

--William L Shirer

---------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Friends' Blogs