Saturday, January 07, 2006

Old door in Kutna Hora in Prague (Czech Republic), photographed by Brad Malin from Carnegie Mellon University.

Old doors have always intrigued me. Maybe because they are the entrance ways to "old places." For me, the old door is a metaphor for the path to timeless wisdom.

They seem to invite us to explore, and discover things about ourselves. Don't you agree?

Open the door (your door) and enter with honesty. See what you find. It may well be one or another version of what Dan Shimp (Santa Fe Dan) may have posted to Anonymous Dharma yesterday.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Yes, I agree, old doors do have a certain facination. I like anything old, because it's like a window into the past, a fragment of time frozen.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Ed,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I visited your blog and enjoyed the photos. Very nice. Drop back when you can.

Don

Friends' Blogs