Thursday, January 05, 2006

C.C. Cohen Restaurant, Paducah, KY

I have never been to Paducah, Kentucky, but my friend George Harben lives there. Because of a recent email exhange with George, I decided to do a virtual tour, which allowed me to discover that Paducah is a charming, almost magical, place along the Ohio River. Paducah speaks to me like a poem that resonates. Who knows, maybe Paducah is a poem living along the Mighty Ohio.

This photo of Cohen's Restaurant in downtown Paducah speaks warmth, a gathering place, and spirit. My quick research finds that the place is on the town's "haunted history" list. Maybe that is what I was "sensing" about it. Here is a little more insight about the Cohen Building, which houses the restaurant and its "ghostly" nature.

Photo Credit: KyHomeTown.

3 comments:

Dan said...

"Mention my name in Paducah,
It's the greatest little town in the world..."

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

And what does Dan know of Paducah? Dan never ceases to a-maze me.

Dan said...

From the song, "Mention My Name In Sheboygan"...

Friends' Blogs