Monday, April 26, 2004

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday Thought: Pure Potentiality

Here is what Deepok Chopra has to say about "pure
potentiality:"

The source of all creation is pure consciousness...
pure potentiality seeking expression from the unmanifest
to the manifest. And when we realize that our true self
is one of pure potentiality, we align with the power that
manifests everything in the universe.

How can we apply this principle in our lives? Here is what
Chopra advises in the form of a commitment we should make
to ourselves:

1) I will get in touch with the field of pure potentiality by
making time each day to be silent, to just be. I will also sit
alone in silent meditation at least twice a day for approximately
thirty minutes in the morning and thirty minutes in the evening.

2) I will take each day to commune with nature and to silently
witness the intelligence within very living thing. I will sit silently
and watch a sunset, or listen to the sound of the ocean or a
stream, or simply smell the scent of a flower. In the ecstasy of
my own silence, and by communing with nature, I will enjoy the
life throb of ages, the field of pure potentiality and unbounded
creativity.

3) I will practice non-judgment. I will begin my day with the
statement, “Today, I shall judge nothing that occurs,” and
throughout the day, remind yourself not to judge.

In a nutshell...meditate, connect with Nature, and don't judge
others and yourself.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Friends' Blogs