Friday, August 27, 2004

Friday Thought: Friendship

Real friendship does last a
lifetime. The proof for me is
the rediscovery of friends who
played a key role in earlier parts
of my life.

Derk Janssen: My college roommate
at the University of Arizona in the
late 1960s and early 1970s. After
being out of contact for nearly 20
years, we rediscovered each other
in the early 1990s.

Dan Shimp: My best bud from my
early childhood days in Martins Ferry
in the 1950s and early 1960s. After 42
years of being out of contact, we re-
discovered each other just this year.

Tom Kim: My Korean friend who had
seemingly disappeared 10 years ago,
popped up in my life just this week.

Maybe that is why this quote means
so much to me:

"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in
two bodies." --Aristotle

No comments:

Friends' Blogs