Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Greetings from Santa Fe

I have had the good fortune to spend most of last week in Arizona (Phoenix, Carefree, Sedona), and most of this week I will be in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The Southwest has always occupied a place place in my heart since the late 1960s when I attended the University of Arizona in Tucson.

The mountains, deserts, sunsets and Native culture of the Southwest is rejuvenating for me. Santa Fe is a beautiful community, which has done an effective job of balancing growth and environmental preservation--not an easy challenge in a high-demand place like this where lots of people want to be here.

As I was running yesterday along the streets of Santa Fe, I was captivated by the city's smells, sounds, shapes and colors. Santa Fe awakens the spirit on various levels simultaneously. By the way, running at an elevation of 7,000 feet is not easy challenge.

The past two weeks have been good for my soul. I am thankful for the opportunity to be here and experience the best of what Santa Fe has to offer us on an intimate personal level. I have re-discovered some important pieces of myself that got lost in the shuffle over the past several months.

No comments:

Friends' Blogs