Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Message From The Past
By Lance D. Smith

You've kept me close
While trying to escape from me
I am the past that you run from
But today I come in peace

I influence your decisions
Created your personality
I am the same old script
That hides the truth you seek

I've caused you anger
I’ve created pain
I told you “What’s the use”
Life was just the same old thing

There’s no need to resolve or change me
To hold on or forgive
You have the key to your freedom
And how you truly want to live

I offer you this secret
Because you gave me life
I no longer want to hurt you
It's time to set things right

We hold each other prisoners
Locked together in a vault
Simply release me from your memory
My only power is in your thoughts

You can let me go
I’ll be on my way
Unless you want to live in me
I no longer have a say

There’s no need to justify me
There’s no case to defend
Send home all the witnesses
And begin your life again

Life is Love
Expressed new in you each day
It flows through you
Like a river on its way

You can create
More than I can contain
I’ll only hinder you
By holding onto the same

So the secret I offer
My only power is in your thoughts
You have to think hard to create me
I’m not real at all

You’ll find new life
Turning your thoughts away from me
And I’ll die from this secret
Now that I’ve set you free

No comments:

Friends' Blogs